REAL MADRID READY TO RIVAL CHELSEA IN PURSUIT OF ON-LOAN ATLETICO MADRID ATTACKER JOAO FELIX – PAPER ROUND. Real Madrid may ignite a transfer war this summer to sign Joao Felix from fierce rivals Atletico Madrid. The Portuguese attacker is currently on loan at Chelsea, who are also interested in a permanent transfer for Felix. Elsewhere, there are doubts over Ansu Fati’s future at Barcelona, Jesse Marsch might be in line for a quick return to Premier League management and there is more VAR fall out.
REAL MADRID ENTER FELIX TRANSFER BATTLE
Real Madrid are ready to enter the race to sign Joao Felix this summer. The Portuguese attacker is currently on loan at Chelsea from Real’s local rivals Atletico Madrid, but there is no option-to-buy clause in his agreement with the Premier League club. Real Madrid are ready to hijack the Blues’ expected summer move for Felix.
The Sun report: Real Madrid “are lining up a long-term replacement for Karim Benzema, and have earmarked Felix as one such star. Club president Florentino Perez is said to hold Felix in high esteem and is one of his favoured choices. “Felix’s future at parent club Atletico Madrid hinges on the fate of Diego Simeone. The under-fire Argentine had a strained relationship with Felix ahead of his loan transfer.”
REAL MADRID READY TO RIVAL CHELSEA
Ansu Fati’s future at Barcelona has reached a crossroads as the 20-year-old is not playing as many minutes as he would like to. Fati’s agent, Jorge Mendes, has met with the club to inform them that there are top clubs interested in the youngster, but they are ready to hold off any big decisions until the end of the season.
Spanish media outlet Sport report: “Mendes, who has a great relationship with Joan Laporta, told the sports department that there were clubs in a position to present very interesting offers for Ansu, and Manchester United would be one of them. Offers that, in the event that the player was not a key man for the team, would be a financial boost for the club. But it did not go any further. “The two parties agreed to analyse the matter at the end of the season when the conclusions about Ansu’s participation will be that much clearer.”
MARSCH’S PREMIER LEAGUE RETURN
Jesse Marsch could make a swift return to Premier League management as Southampton are considering him as a potential replacement for Nathan Jones, who was sacked on Sunday. Marsch only parted ways with Leeds United last week, but is on the shortlist as the Saints search for a new manager.
The Independent confirm: “Southampton are considering Jesse Marsch as they search for a successor to the sacked Nathan Jones.
“The 49-year-old’s pressing principles could suit a club who had tried to play in a similar style under another former RB Leipzig manager, Ralph Hasenhuttl.”
EMERGENCY VAR MEETING
Referee chief Howard Webb has demanded an emergency meeting with Premier League officials after there were two high-profile VAR errors on Saturday. League leaders Arsenal saw a goal wrongly allowed against them, while Brighton had a goal wrongly disallowed against fierce rivals Crystal Palace.
The Mail reveal: “New refs’ chief Howard Webb has summoned all officials to Stockley Park for an emergency summit after two embarrassing – and potentially crucial – VAR blunders in one day.
“Lee Mason forgot to put the right lines down to adjudge whether a Brentford player was offside in the build-up to their equaliser during Saturday’s draw with title-chasing Arsenal the Emirates.
“Brighton saw a goal chalked off in a draw at rivals Crystal Palace after VAR John Brooks drew the offside line from the WRONG defender.
“An aghast Webb – who is understood to have reacted incredulously – may now axe the bungling pair after ordering an urgent review in which all options are on the table, according to sources.”
REAL MADRID READY TO RIVAL CHELSEA IN PURSUIT OF ON-LOAN ATLETICO MADRID ATTACKER JOAO FELIX – PAPER ROUND